Pet owners need to provide their pets’ healthy and safe food. But pet owners have very little knowledge about pet food. As it comes in different sizes and brands and to choose food is little confusing. Before buying huisdieren food, you must check online or from a retail store and get some knowledge and let us know some of the secrets of the pet food:
- The pet foods that are labelled with choice and premium words don’t exactly use the premium ingredients in the pet food. As the ingredients are not mentioned and just words are used, so don’t get confused by seeing choice and premium.
- Don’t give your pets’ unhealthy food or fast food it will build the cholesterol and fat, and that is not good for humans and pets too. Also, the percentage mentioned in the quality of proteins and other nutrients are not real. The pet food labels cannot exactly tell the number of nutrients in the pet food.
- Common food ingredient in pet food is ‘meat and bone meal,’ and that is made up of the human leftover food or cow heads or any other body which is definitely not safe to eat. Another ingredient is ‘animal digest,’ make sure if any of these is mentioned then don’t purchase the food.
- Chemical preservatives are also used in pet food, which is not recommended, and one ingredient is ethoxyquin, which highly causes cancer. Provide pets the food that includes natural preservatives.
- Provide pets food that is made up of using the human grade ingredients as it will benefit them.
Make sure pet food has certification of APHIS (Animal Plant Health Inspection Services) as, under this certification, pets are served the food that has human grade ingredients.